Please see the below message from CAC regarding upcoming Professional Learning. If you are interested, please contact your site administration.
Cairo American College (CAC) teachers would like to share their insights and teaching models with other international school teachers in the region in order to better support teacher understanding and student learning.
Join other educators from Paris, Doha and Chennai!
We are hosting a professional learning weekend from March 25 - 27, 2017. Teachers have an opportunity to participate in a Lab Site process to learn about one of these three teaching models used at CAC:
- Reading and writing: Reading and Writing Workshops in the Elementary School
- Mathematics: Challenge by Choice curriculum in the Middle School
- Multiple subjects: Harkness-style student-centered discussions in the High School
Alternatively, administrators may attend the MAP Testing Workshop, in which participants learn how best to generate annual reports, graphs, and conduct international comparisons of their testing data. Be sure to bring your own data to the workshop!
And, when not on campus you will have an opportunity to visit the Pyramids, float on Falucca on the Nile and enjoy Egyptian Cuisine! All included in the registration fee.
Please find attached a document that includes the full weekend schedule, information about lodging and activities in Cairo, and detailed descriptions of the professional learning sessions. Please also note the following:
- Eligibility: Educators from regional international schools outside of Egypt.
- Cost: $250 payable by US or Egypt bank check or bank transfer. Payment must be made by March 1, 2017.
Click here to register today! We look forward to partnering with you in this exciting learning experience.